offered by Leah Springford
Pope Francis’ Words
Do you want to fast this Lent?
· Fast from hurting words and say kind words
· Fast from sadness and be filled with gratitude
· Fast from anger and be filled with patience
· Fast from pessimism and be filled with hope
· Fast from worries and trust in God
· Fast from complaints and contemplate simplicity
· Fast from pressures and be prayerful
· Fast from bitterness and fill your heart with joy
· Fast from selfishness and be compassionate to others
· Fast from grudges and be reconciled
· Fast from words and be silent so you can listen
These words seem so much more important right now during our forced isolation. Perhaps if we practice fasting now, we will find the world a brighter place once we are able to resume our normal lives.
Only prayer will bring healing to our world and to our lives…..
Dear God, please give me the strength to face the day and to see the many blessings that it contains. Give me the courage to walk on, no matter how long the path or how many turns the road holds. Guide my thoughts so that I walk in love and peace and with gratitude stamped on my heart. AMEN