Welcome to King City’s oldest church building

Welcome to King City’s oldest church building, our historic brick Chapel with the pointed spire on Keele Street.

Alone on a large lot for many years, it was the focus of parish life for Anglicans from its opening in 1857 to the dedication of the new larger church in 1960. Many of our early parishioners are buried in the graveyard, and many later parish members have found final rest in the newer walled Easter Garden beside the chapel.

The chapel is still used and treasured for its beautiful stained glass windows, its wonderful small pipe organ, and the memories of the hundreds and hundreds of worshippers who have knelt here. The 8:00 am Sunday Eucharist uses the much loved Book of Common Prayer, and continues year round. In the summer months, the chapel welcomes our larger congregation to a 10:00 am Sunday modern sung Eucharist with hymns.

Our chapel is intimate and very friendly. So, come up the path from Keele St., admire our new peaceful hosta  garden and enter through the huge old doors on the north side. We really do live up to our mission to be A Welcoming Community bringing comfort and love. Come as you are, let Christ inspire.